Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mecha Front Cougar review



So my kickstarter for Mecha Front from MechaFront.com started to arrive.  The Black Frost Mecha are the ones that called to me the most.  The first one to arrive was my 3 pack of Cougars.  Big pieces of resin, I can't believe I'm waiting for the larger model to arrive.  The model also came with magnets (not sure if it was because of the KS or they're going to include them in every pack)

The tools I used to remove the flash and blocks on the model where the resin is poured into the mold.  They are on every resin model and I'm surprised they (the blocks) aren't bigger for a model this size.

The legs glue into the feet and the the legs around the pelvis easy.  Also fairly easy to see if the model will stand upright or have a lean on it at this point.  A very pleasant assembly.  Each torso the attaches to the center mass.  I went for some extra weapon mounts in the KS so I'm going to be using the tiny magnets.




Autocannons, Lasers, missile packs and bean weapons.  Lots to choose from!
Each weapon required very minimal clean up.



Silly me assembled quite a few with the magnets backwards.  I'll have to go back and fix that after I find my "un cure" bottle of glue.  But here one of them is with the laser and autocannon attached.

Very nice work from Mecha Front.


No comments:

Post a Comment