Monday, December 8, 2014

LordNth's first blog post

So I finally started a blog.
Finally have something to blog about.
Let's try and work this out.  I'd gladly like feed or suggestions how to make this better.

So a friend of mine actually sculpts. Good stuff.
Here's one of his latest sculpts.

It's based on the artwork from David White (Mecha Zone) for the Mad Cat II enchanced.

It's made to be used with the 10mm game Mech Warrior or as a Mecha in 15mm games.  Either way it works quite well.


This picture shows it assembled with out side armor plates on the legs.






Some careful removal of the parts with a saw or clippers is needed.  Minor flash clean up.
The details came out great.



Legs were in one piece.  I added a pin to the place where it attaches to the torso.



Attached the missiles and arms.  The arms are designed to be glued in many positions including slightly pivoted in or out.  The missiles do require a little fill in where removed from the sprues.  Easy to do.  But I haven't found the time to hunt where I put my filler.  Drilled a simple hole to put the pin in.




A fantastic model.  I hope to have a painted one soon.
Here it is next to it's plates and a Khurasan 15mm figure on a penny.



No comments:

Post a Comment